If you are experiencing frequent negative health symptoms like back pain, headaches, or stress, pain medications can only do so much, and they won’t fix your problem. A spinal adjustment may help you overcome some or all of your symptoms. A chiropractic adjustment refers to a chiropractor physically adjusting the vertebrae in your back. This type of procedure can have a myriad of positive benefits without the stress or invasiveness of surgery or other more intense techniques.
- Blood Pressure – A study published in the Human Journal of Hypertension showed that a chiropractic adjustment could give people suffering from high blood pressure the same effect as taking certain high blood pressure medications. This study also showed that the effects of the adjustment would persist for 6 months after the adjustment.
- Headache Relief – Both tension and migraine headaches can be caused by back pain and spinal issues. Back misalignment can cause muscle tension and pain which can result in both tension headaches as well as migraine headaches. Besides back pain, headache is the top ailment that chiropractors treat. There are over 200 studies examining the benefits and effectiveness of chiropractic adjustments for headache relief.
- Neck & Lower Back Pain Relief – This benefit is probably the most well known when it comes to going to the chiropractor. 80% of all Americans experience some sort of lower back pain in their lifetime. Medications and surgeries are options for this type of pain, but those can be dangerous, expensive, and ineffective. An adjustment from chiropractor services can significantly reduce your back and neck pain via a non-invasive technique. Chiropractic treatment is also cheaper than other methods of back pain management.
- Reduce Inflammation – Inflammation is one of the top causes of pain, joint issues, and tension. Chronic inflammation has been linked to a number of diseases like heart disease, chronic pain, and cancer. Chiropractic adjustments have been shown to reduce inflammation, which can lead to a number of positive benefits, including: Chronic lower back pain relief, reduced muscle tension, & relief of joint pain. Reduced inflammation can also help reduce your risk of developing diseases that are linked to high inflammation.
- Sciatica – Sciatica refers to pain that radiates from your lower back down your legs because of a damaged or pressured sciatic nerve. This type of chronic pain can lead to over-medicating and chronic pain. Chiropractic treatment can help relieve pressure on the sciatic nerve that is causing your sciatica. Studies show that patients receiving adjustments reduced the number of pain days they had. They also experienced a reduction in the severity of their pain.
- Vertigo – Dizziness and vertigo can make it impossible to do everyday tasks or even get up out of bed without feeling disoriented and nauseous. This is a common condition after experiencing a head or neck injury. A chiropractic adjustment can help target joints and vertebrae that aren’t moving correctly. This could help reduce vertigo episodes. An adjustment can also help fix your body’s natural balance, which can also cause vertigo if it’s misaligned.
- Scoliosis – Scoliosis is a condition where there is an abnormal curvature of the spine. This can cause pain, abnormal posture, a reduction in your range of motion, and even trouble breathing. Most scoliosis patients have few options for treatment. But a chiropractic adjustment has been shown to help treat scoliosis patients. Chiropractic treatment combined with physical therapy could help treat and prevent the progression of scoliosis. The effectiveness of this treatment option varies from patient to patient, but it is a viable option.